Friday, June 5, 2009

Irritated

I know I should be happy that it's Friday and I am. But I just wanna get something off my chest that has me mad this morning. My supervisor is off this week at a conference. She has been checking her emails because I have gotten responses on emails that I was copied on.

Well I sent her an email requesting time off next month, but do you think she replied? Of course not. I have never worked in a department that pitched such a fit about time off. The company gives us the amount of vacation time that they feel we deserve per year. So what I want to know is why is it that my department thinks they can regulate that?

I'm mad because the tickets that I had been looking at went up $150. I would have just booked the tickets but after they played me last time, I knew better. There has to be someone that I can talk to about this bs. I think that its time to really get to know my union rep.

3 comments:

Nina said...

DEFINITELY time to get to know your union rep...

Miss.Stefanie said...

You need to speak up! I would get the tickets already and say "this is the time I need off...thanks!" Go talk to a rep for sure!

Trish said...

Nina-I spoke with her and I wrote a grievance so now I am awaiting her approval on it before I send it to my supervisor.

Stef-I know what you're saying. I was trying to be chill since I'll be moving to Texas in a few months anyway and didn't want any unnecessary drama at the office, but oh well, too late. Remember last time I got the tickets, they declined my time and I lost out on $250!