Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekend

I have been enjoying the holiday weekend. In fact, I think that every weekend should include three days. Friday I stayed in and watched some shows on my DVR. Saturday, like clock-work I was up at 6am. Let me tell you, the only time I will shop at a WMart is if I'm up super early, otherwise, they are just too crowded for my taste. I had finished all my shopping by 8am and was back at home.

I decided to make breakfast because it had been a minute since I had homemade breakfast. The breakfast was great and I started doing housework. Wouldn't you know it, a migraine showed up and took over my entire day. I took some gelcaps but had no relief, I knew I needed solid pills but I was in too much agony to drive anywhere. After about eight hours, it finally starting to go away. I had told BeBe I'd make jello shots and a side dish for her bbq Sunday so I had to get up.

I finally met some of BeBe's relatives. She is a lot closer with her friends than family but I felt pretty honored to meet them. I felt her pain when she texted me with a disclaimer that her family was full of characters. I reassured her that my family was comical as well, so no worries.

The good thing was that BeBe had some headache medicine that started to work almost instantly. I bought some decorations and themed plates for the bbq. BeBe is definitely not the holiday type so I knew not to call and ask her if I could hang the decorations, that it'd be better to just get them. I got home that evening and said well if I'm up in time, I will go to church in the morning.

So Sunday morning comes and I was up bright and early at 6am once again. I said well I guess that means that I'll be going to church. In a matter of minutes, my stomach started to hurt and I said well maybe I'll just go next weekend. As God is my witness, when I said that, the power at my apt cut off, it wasn't raining nor windy. I laughed out loud and got up and headed out. I was so glad I went, the message was just for me.

The bbq was a success last night. I helped BeBe set up and clean up. I'm truly blessed to have great friends and family and I know that when the time is right, that I'll get a new job, I just need to try to not think about it for the time being.

3 comments:

Jameil said...

Walmart is the devil. I've been once where it wasn't overrun with riffraff. In 9000 trips. Doesn't everyone have crazy relatives? I love a good bbq!

Trish said...

It IS Jameil!! You're back, yay! I'm heading to your blog now!

Nina said...

YAYYYYYYYY! I love happy posts. :)