Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Babble

Today was a super long day. I did not leave work until 8:00pm and I had to stop and pick up a few items from the store. I went in the store for two items and left with two items, I was pleased with myself. One of my friends has challenged me to a $50 per pay period spending max, this applies only to shopping, not groceries, toiletries or anything of that nature.

The weather has been pretty chilly down here this week. My apartment put down table salt as a means of preventing the formation of ice, all I could do was laugh! For some reason, because I'm from the north, people think that cold is "my weather." I'm black, most of us don't like cold, no matter where we're from, northerners don't like cold either, we're used to it, but don't like it.

I've been making more meals at home lately, which is always a plus. Oh and my office got notice that we were being relocated to a different office space. I'm in a cube now but they are moving me to an office with the hater that I always tell you guys about. I am less than happy about this move, but as people seem to keep wanting to remind me, (like I don't already know) I'm blessed to have a job. She told me today that we need to come up with some rules about smells and noise. I think for some reason, she thought she was talking to a toddler, because how many adults need to talk about those things? She said smells have to do with approved sprays that don't disgust her and of course the noise was keeping my volume to a minimum. Ironically, she is louder than I am and always has people in her office and always screaming at her kids and husband on the phone.

I am desperately pleading that one of the jobs I've applied for come through so that I can get away from these clowns.

3 comments:

Jameil said...

SMELLS & NOISE??!! ROTFL!! Did you say, "Here's the deal: don't smell and be quiet."? LOLOL Cold is for the birds. I've been holed in the house for... longer than I'd care to admit.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

You know what??? I worked in a place where smells and noises needed to be covered. People eat onions,garlic and tuna in enclosed spaces. That is torture for me! Let's not even go there with burbing and gas. I HATE offices!

Yeah you tell her to dial down the noise and it's good!

Trish said...

Jameil-I'm glad you're feeling me. She's 50 so she always tries to act like she's my mother. I know you all can't wait to get some relief from that snow.

GP-Lolol! I do have a coworker that microwaves fish in the office kitchen and sees no problem with it! But I still think the BattleAx was out of line! We'll see if she tones down her noise level, we have to be out by the end of the month.